Monday, August 09, 2004

On The Road Again

Two and a half hour layover in Amsterdam, and not even a duty free liquor buying binge can raise my spirits. I am physically tired. Now, I just want to be somewhere. Not on my way somewhere. Home, will be nice, with it's airconditioning, (of which there is very little in London) and it's, well, nothing else really. I just wasn't ready for this to be over. But, I suspect I will be OK once I'm back in the dirty south.
The weather was rainy and gray in London this morning. A violent thunderstorm blew through London around 3:30 a.m. waking me up, not that I was sleeping all that well. The weather, everyone has informed me, has been exceptional for London during my stay. When I landed on Tuesday, a rain storm came through quickly, but for the most part, it was sunny and very warm.
I kept telling the Londoner's, I was going to tell my American friends that London is a tropical paradise! It is a paradise, of sorts. If you love history, if you love architecture, if you love literature, if you love people! London is rich and abundant in all of these. Everone should visit London. It's no shangri-la, but it IS a special place. The whole world lives in London. And they are all welcomed and allowed to thrive. A place such as this, gives you hope for the future.
Hope indeed.
See you in America!

1 Comments:

Blogger RBP said...

Thanks ALa71-by the way, who's side is Billy Lee running on, or is he part of a lesser known party; the Berverly Hillbilitarians?
Yes, bank account be damned, I will be going back to Engand annually for the rest of my life, probably.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home