Thursday, July 29, 2004

Politics as usual...

Benjamin Disreali once said, "In politics, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics." And that was in 19th century England, who knows what he would think about today's poisonous atmosphere. I mean, how can you discuss an economic strategy, when you start off calling the oposition a rapist or worse, murderer. Who cares about capital gains if you believe the other person should be in jail. What kind of debate is that? No debate at all. I want what's best for my country and if somebody doesn't agree with me on the way to best achieve that, fine, we can discuss it. But if all there interested in is ad hominen attacks on a particular person, then leave me out of it. And I know both sides are guilty including me. Let's raise the level of debate. Let's get away from politics as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home