Saturday, July 31, 2004

One Degree of Wal-Mart

Yesterday I read that Wal-Mart, the largest corporation in the world, is now even bigger than the country of Sweden, finacially speaking. And that set me thinking about that old parlor game, six degrees of Kevin Bacon. You know, the game where someone names an actor in Hollywood and based on the movies they have been in will be connected to Kevin Bacon within six other actors. For instance, Morgan Freeman. Morgan Freeman was in "me, myself, and Irene", with Renee Zellwegger, who was in "Jerry McGuire" with Tom Cruise, who was in "A few Good Men" with, you guessed it, Kevin Bacon.
My assertion is this, I would be willing to bet that least 70% of the dirty south has either (a) worked at Wal-Mart themselves, or (b) known someone personally who has worked at Wal-Mart. I can think of four people off the top of my head who have worked at Wal-Mart, and that's without even trying. So at least 70% of the dirty south is within one degree of Wal-Mart, scary.

1 Comments:

Blogger RBP said...

Well, 91ghost, they DO have everything. The last time I was in there, I bought a couple of dvd's a pack of ball point pens, some light bulbs, and a phillips head screw driver. Seriously. But I hate them. And I'm part of the problem.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home