Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 A First For Me

Here are a few things I did for the first time in 2005:

1. I went to New York City! I flew up on Easter weekend, saw the Black Crowes at Hamerstein Ballroom (twice). Visited ground zero and central park. Saw the Statue of Liberty. yay.

2. Visited three Civil War Battlegrounds: Franklin TN, Vicksburg MS, Pea Ridge AR. This is something I love to do. I have been to Shilo as well, but not this year.

3. Visited the William Jefferson Clinton presidential center in Little Rock - awesome. Big surprise there huh.

4. Met one of my sports heroes, Eddie George, in what has to be one of the funniest fan / pro-athlete encounters of all time. (I'm sure Nashvillian can tell the story better than I can)

5. Entered the world of home ownership by purchasing a swinging condo downtown with a river view. (got an Olympic size heated swimming pool in the basement ladies)

Well, can't think of anymore "firsts." As for 2006, I'd like to return for a visit to London, a trip I had to postpone to buy my place. And maybe this year I'll get up to Philadelphia, I hear their zoo, while in a bad neighborhood, is a world class facility. Rosie can show me where our founding fathers wrote the constitution. Blondie can show me where Skid Row parked their tour bus.
I got a feeling 2006 is gonna be the best year ever. Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home