Saturday, October 09, 2004

Blog Haikus

I work long hours on the river. Sometimes I get stuck up in the wheel house with nothing to do. So I do what every mariner does to wile the time away, yes that's right, I write Haikus.

I came up with a few about some of my favorite blogs. I am starting with the rowhouse because it is my favorite. Rose may be an unstable religious nut, but she is a great writer/poet and she has a heart of gold. The rest are in no particular order. I hope you like them. And no, I'm not gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Anonymousrowhouse

Day in day out life
mommy loading dishwasher
favorite poet.

Blonde Sagacity

Back-stage passes! Yes!!
cool for a conservative
good mom, right wing nut.

My War

Star of the blog world
punk rocker and ass kicker
takes no prisoners.

91 ghost

Artillery man
war vet, writer, no-nonsense
documents the past

Lefty

Liberal sports fan
crazy as a shit house rat
do not fuck with him.

Cheeky Monkey

Lefty, English mum
can't ever be president
we still like her though.

Virago Girl

Hip and cool student
she is from the dirty south
liberal and sweet

Fair-haired yet strangely unbalanced

Good ole Texas gal
right wing nut, sometimes funny
navy wife and blonde

TWD

Well reasoned and smart
kicks your ass in a debate
serves his country well

3 Comments:

Blogger justrose said...

unhinged religious
nut writes with gratitude for
your generous praise

riverboat pilot
penning poetry on your
big quiet river

jr

6:53 PM  
Blogger RBP said...

You can't grow up in the dirty south and not know (and like) a few conservatives. And the conservative blogs I read and list on my blog, are usually well written and damn funny. And everyone here allows others to put their two cents in which creates quite an interesting debate, sometimes lasting into the next day.

So ~Jen~, I'm glad you liked your haiku, and Ala, how can a bleeding heart be frozen? haha

BTW-I only consider two of those blogs purveyors of the conservative kool-aide, and I think two blonde bloggers know who they are. And don't try to lump Rose in with you just cause she's your best friend! The blogworld wouldn't be the same without the rowhouse, the APOLITICAL rowhouse! Dont' drink the kool-aide (in public) Rose!

5:13 PM  
Blogger justrose said...

JFM

yum .... strawberry kool aid. The table wine of the frozen north.

jr

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home